Mike Hirner Presents:
Exceptional Russian Hill View TIC - $749,000
This unique residence boasts exceptional appeal as both a charming one bedroom, one bath apartment and a fantastic investment opportunity. Located in the heart of vibrant Russian Hill, the unit has a presence within a 12 unit TIC building with just 10 owners. The purchase of Unit #8 represents a 10% undivided interest in the building as a whole which also represents a 15.48% interest, of two commonly owned units presently generating for the benefit of Unit #8, $294 per month in rental income. Distinguished by its stunning Golden Gate Bridge views, awe-inspiring rooftop deck, quintessential San Francisco design, tasteful finishes and close proximity to the trendy Polk Street corridor and Union Street shopping and dining, this special residence presents an opportunity not to be missed.
The secure entry introduces a well-maintained common area leading to the third floor unit. Stylish period details including coved ceilings, gorgeous moldings, picture rails and attractive lighting run throughout. The elegant dining room presents a festive space to enjoy meals prepared in the adjoining chef’s kitchen. French doors from the dining room flow to the compelling living room, a welcoming gathering space highlighted by attractive built-in shelving and beautiful Bridge scenes captured from a sunny bay window seat. A peaceful bedroom with views and excellent storage, as well as a stylish hallway bath, complete the fluid floor plan.
- 1000 +/- square feet
- One bedroom and one bath
- Built in 1923 and restored with respect for original period details
- 10% Undivided Ownership in a 12 unit tenancy in common (TIC) building
- 15.48% interest, of two commonly owned units (#1 and #3) presently generating for the benefit of Unit #8, $294 per month in rental income
- Spectacular rooftop deck with panoramic City views
- Secure and private entry building
- Tasteful vintage details including coved ceilings, intricate moldings, pictures rails and hardwood floors
- Stylish light fixtures and plantation shutters
- Sunny living room with attractive built-in shelving and a picturesque bay window seat highlighting stunning Golden Gate views
- Cozy and inviting dining room with French doors to the adjacent living room
- Fantastic gourmet kitchen with marble tile counters, fresh white cabinetry, an open pass through to the dining room and top quality stainless appliances including a four-burner Viking range and GE monogram refrigerator
- Restful bedroom with north/west facing views and two roomy closets
- Immaculate and accessible hallway bath with sparkling fixtures, a rich espresso stained vanity and a tub/shower combination with a rain showerhead and earthy porcelain tile
- Generous closet space and additional storage downstairs
- Efficient laundry area / utility room with a stackable washer/dryer
- One car garage with interior access and an electric garage door opener
- Moments from public transportation, the chic Polk Street Corridor and Union Street shopping and dining
Dazzling views, the twisting hairpin turns down brick-paved Lombard, and the Hyde-Powell cable cars make Russian Hill a favorite with tourists. But locals savor the steep garden walks, the tiny pocket parks, and Swenson's Ice Cream on the corner of Union and Hyde. Restaurants and boutiques along the tree-lined streets of Hyde Street between Jackson and Union Streets exude European charm. Polk and Green boasts international cuisine- from the Venetian inspired cooking at Pesce to the French Boulangerie, the Italian specialty wine store Biondivino. Upscale boutique shopping is arrayed along Polk Street between Union and Broadway.
Housing ranges from charming, century-old back yard cottages to multi-million dollar mansions, luxury hilltop town homes and condos with panoramic views of San Francisco Bay. The architectural examples in the neighborhood hark back to Italianate, Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival and Neo-Georgian influences, as well as Arts and Crafts.
Despite the steep streets, or because of them, Russian Hill is a highly walkable urban enclave. Residents can walk to work in the financial district and civic center. And best of all, ride the Cable Car home, using an SFMUNI monthly pass.